View your home from work, on the road, or from a friend’s home, or a family member’s home with an at-home security camera.
Types of At Home Security Camera
Do you just want to record what happened at home while you were gone? If so, you can get a simple record-only at-home security camera.
However, if you want to see what is happening at your home right now, you’ll want the type of security camera with an internet connection
Recording At Home Security Cameras
When you get home, you can remove the storage device (typically an SD-Card) from your at-home security camera and watch the days events.
- These cameras are typically cheaper since they don’t required the internet connection.
- These cameras are typically hidden inside a toy.
- These cameras are usually battery powered.
- Batteries need to be monitored and changed
- Removal and checking of recording is time intensive
- Must return to the home to view the recording.
Internet Connected At Home Security Cameras
Leave the security camera recording at home while watching your home from anywhere with an internet connection.
You can log-in to your camera feed at any time to see what is happening right now or look in the past by using the recording feature. An internet connected at-home security camera is almost the same as being there in person!
Many newer camera systems have apps. All the at-home security camera systems we’re aware of have online access with an internet browser.
- View the recordings from anywhere with an internet connection
- Real-time recording – see what is happening right now.
- App or computer browser access.
- More expensive
- Internet connection required
Camera Systems That
The home security camera systems that are suggested for home monitoring can be found on the Home Security Camera page.
One camera that fits all the requirements of a good at-home security camera along with internet connections would be the Blink Camera.